A big list of articles on the site. Selected articles below, have at it!
Hate math? Figure out how to add 1 to 100 without memorizing the formula. See what it’s like to have an idea click for yourself.
Math & Numbers
- Intro: Mental math shortcuts, adding 1-100, how to learn math, understanding averages
- Numbers: number systems, visual arithmetic, different bases, Prime numbers
- Statistics: Combinations & permutations, Birthday Paradox, Bayes’ Theorem,
- Geometry: Pythagorean uses, Pythagorean distance, degrees vs radians
- Exponents & Logs: Intuitive exponents (e), natural log (ln)
- Complex numbers: visual introduction, intuitive arithmetic
- Calculus: a gentle introduction, discovering pi
- Vector Calculus: Gradient, Flux, Divergence, Curl & Circulation
Programming & Web Development
- Ruby on Rails: Starting Ruby on Rails, Understanding MVC
- Tools: version control, distributed VCS
- Low-level Programming: binary files, byte order, unicode, XOR variable swap, Fast 1/sqrt(x), gdb debugging, symbol tables