Frustrated with rote definitions? I was too -- until I started looking for the intuition behind each concept.
Math, BetterExplained condenses a dozen math concepts into clear, easy-to-read tutorials. I want you to enjoy those aha! moments when you aren't going through the motions and an idea really clicks. Check out the samples below and see how thousands have been able to learn the math concepts that have frustrated them.
Every topic can be intuitive if explained correctly: grow your math understanding!
- 12 chapters drawn from the blog articles, essential to any student:
- 1. Developing Math Intuition (Chapter preview)
- 2. The Pythagorean Theorem
- 3. Pythagorean Distance
- 4. Radians and Degrees
- 5. Imaginary Numbers
- 6. Complex Arithmetic
- 7. Exponential Functions & e
- 8. The Natural Logarithm (ln)
- 9. Interest Rates
- 10. Understanding Exponents
- 11. Euler’s Formula
- 12. Introduction To Calculus
- Print-quality design made for easy onscreen reading & printing
- PowerPoint slides and images for all diagrams used in the chapters (deluxe version)
- 12 video guides that explain the analogies in the chapters - each averages a succinct 10 minutes.
- Sample Video (Chapter 1: Developing Your Intuition)
- 3-part (1-hour total) interview with Scott H Young. Scott has written extensively about study techniques and we discuss ways to generalize the approach of building your intuition.
- Concept worksheet discussing common pitfalls/additional ideas, drawn from the most common questions asked about each topic
Who's it for?
- Students: Save hours of frustration -- get things as I wish they were explained to me.
- Teachers/Home Schoolers: Get high-quality educational materials & ideas for your lesson plans.
- Self-learners: Go back and understand concepts at a level rarely discussed in textbooks or classrooms.
Doug Hogg, Former Principal
I have several books on calculus (Calculus for Dummys, Math for the Millions, etc. etc. - never was able to read them) but your explanation is what I have needed all these years.
Ferose Khan J
I am an engineer by profession... but never had that a-ha moment. I had it when I read your article. I don't have words to explain my happiness, you have unwound a knot that was tied 12 years before...
This is a great explanation! I am 49 years old and have never known what e is all about. It is thanks to your article that I get it and now can explain it to my son who is 13 years old...
I've been following you for nearly two years...I find the intuitive approach to the subject and lucid writing unparalleled.
One of the best e-books I've ever read in my life...
Just started reading the ebook Math Better Explained by Kalid Azad, loving it so far
Explanations That Work
The explanations inside have been developed after years of study, and are consistently among the most popular in their field. I use analogies and diagrams to make concepts click: we're visual creatures, let's use that part of our brain!
For example: Concepts like imaginary numbers just pop into place when you see them as numbers in two dimensions:
We're used to the number line stretching left-to-right; when it spreads vertically, new numbers emerge. This simple insight saves hours of frustration when visualizing imaginary numbers.
Written For Human Beings
Rigid, stiff writing is uncomfortable for us both. I explain the way I wish I was taught: clearly, concisely, and with a sense of humor. Let's learn with conversations, not lectures.
For Your Computer, Phone or eReader
I don't like DRM restrictions any more than you. The ebook is an unrestricted PDF and can be enjoyed anywhere.
Some ebooks look like they were copied out of Word -- not this. Book-quality layout and typography mean it's a joy to print and read at your leisure. Readability is king: wide margins give plenty of room to write notes, and whitespace helps the words flow.
About Kalid Azad
I became fascinated with intuitive learning after a tough math class at Princeton University. After cramming for days, the formulas finally clicked -- "Argh! Why couldn't they explain it like that in the first place?" I had to share my insights to save other people my frustration.
That "aha!" moment spawned BetterExplained.com, whose articles have been read by millions worldwide. It's regarded as one of the best places to really understand math. Memorization is fragile, but insights stick.
I've been writing technically for a decade, from chapters in programming textbooks to whitepapers for Microsoft.
|PDF file for your computer|
|ePub & Mobi files for your iPad, Nook and Kindle|
|Print-quality layout & design|
|PowerPoint slides for all diagrams|
|Extracted image files for all diagrams|
|Video guides for each chapter|
|1-hour interview on developing intuition|
|Supplemental Concept Worksheet|
The order goes through Paypal, but an account isn't required.
I deeply believe Math, BetterExplained will dramatically improve your understanding of math. But if you aren't satisfied, for any reason, just contact me for a refund. I'm happy to say over 99% of customers are happy with their purchase!